Friday, April 5, 2013

Cauliflower PB Frosting Variation: PB&J Mousse!

      I love strawberries.  I always keep one those 6-pound Costco bags of 'em in the freezer.  This morning I decided to throw some into my PB frosting.  It was uber-yum!  I also turned this frosting into more of a mousse with the addition of extra liquid.  This would be a great breakfast, dessert, or snack!





Ingredients:

  • 12 oz steamed and chilled cauliflower
  • 5 oz frozen strawberries
  • 3 tbsp powdered peanut butter, such as PB2
  • 2 tbsp chocolate syrup (I used Hershey's Sugar-Free)
  • 1-2 tbsp granulated stevia, or <1/4 tsp of pure extract
  • 1/4 c of liquid (I used SF raspberry syrup)
Directions:
  • Combine all ingredients in the Vitamix (other blenders would most likely suffice).
  • Blend until smooth.
Question of the Day:

          Do you like PB&J?  I love this combination.  When I was younger, I was addicted to Smucker's Uncrustables.  Knowing they are so bad for you, though, I like to make healthy alternatives.  I often will put PB2 and strawberries in my smoothies, along with some cereal, and it feels like I'm drinking a sandwich!  I'll have to try this in a pita.  I need one those sandwich press things that makes Uncrustables :)
What's your favorite food duo?

No comments:

Post a Comment