Friday, April 5, 2013

Peanut Butter Frosting Made of Cauliflower

     For lunch today I steamed a bag of cauliflower in the microwave.  I prepared to put butter and parmesan on it, like usual, but I really wanted something sweet.  Then inspiration struck!  Peanut Butter Frosting!  I took out the Vitamix, dumped in a few ingredients, and, voila, healthy, tasty PB Frosting!
Ingredients:

  • 12 oz steamed cauliflower, warm or chilled (not super hot)
  • 1/4 c powdered PB, such as PB2
  • 1/3 c pumpkin puree
  • 1-2 tbsp granulated stevia
Directions:
  • Combine all ingredients in the Vitamix (other blenders would probably work).
  • Blend until smooth.
Notes:
  • I don't know why I used pumpkin.  I just really like pumpkin and get the urge to put it in everything.  It would probably work if you omit it, but I'm not sure.
  • This in itself is a versatile recipe.  It can be used as frosting, mousse, pudding, spread, toppings.  A bit of liquid such as almond milk or even water can be used to thin it out in order to adapt it to your liking.

Question of the Day:
    
         Do you have a sweet tooth?  I have a major sweet tooth!  I eat healthified desserts all day long!  My newest obsession is Quest Bars.  Have you tried them?  They are so delicious!  My favorite flavor is Chocolate Peanut Butter.  I also really like Banana Nut Muffin.  I just wish those bars weren't so darn expensive :(

No comments:

Post a Comment