Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Cauliflower Scrambled Pancake Eggs? It's Pankeggs!

     In my quest to perfect the flourless cauliflower breakfast pancake, I came across something else, something almost as equally delicious... Cauliflower scrambled pancakes!  They're delicious!  They taste just like pancakes, but with all the nutrition and looks of scrambled eggs, plus hidden veggies!  I drizzled mine with some SF pancake syrup to complete the experience :)


Recipe:

  • 12 oz steamed cauliflower
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/8 tsp pure stevia extract
  • 1/16 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar


Directions:

  • Blend all ingredients EXCEPT apple cider vinegar until smooth.  Do not add vinegar until you are ready to cook the pankeggs.  Heat your stove to med/high and fry them up just like you would scrambled eggs.


Notes:

  • These give off a lot of water while they cook due to the cauliflower.  You can either eat them a bit moister than normal eggs, or cook the heck out of them!
  • Do not be alarmed that they are turning brown.  They are not burnt.
  • I don't know why I put ACV in them.  I don't know what will happen if you leave it out.  I just like ACV.  If you/I try it without, please report back :)
Question of the Day:
  • What cauliflower creation would you like to see next?  Any suggestions would be great; I'll do as many as I can!
  • Also: any suggestions on how to make a flourless cauliflower pancake stick together and be flipped?


No comments:

Post a Comment